Thursday, September 30, 2010

My dream school for Talent

I want to start a school/training institute where talented kids would be brought to train in skills like various forms of dance, gymnastic, Malkham. When I saw many financially poor kids rolling & jumping in Bandra, Mumbai; I was amazed by their flair. When I talked to 5-6 of them I found that they were not taught about all this and they just do this for fun. One of them was 6 years old but the way he was rolling upside down took my breath away.

I still remember in my childhood days, I daily use to meet an old man on my way to school. He always uses to talk about his childhood days of 1950s and morning Malkham that he use to do for physical fitness cum fun. Though, at that point of time I use to prefer late morning sleep over Malkham (or any other physical exercise). When I saw people doing this I was amazed and after talking to them I realized how much dedication it needs to perform it so beautifully.

In many reality shows on television we see people appearing these days. When I hear the pain they have been through I feel it is quite sad. We have talent, we are growing @ 8% P.A. (GDP growth) but then also we celebrate for winning ONLY 1 medal in Olympics. It is upsetting. More than that, it is pain to know that people with so much of talent and passion for their talent struggle economically their whole life. In a country like US they become Michael Jackson and in India such a poor chap would get nothing except SYMPATHY from society and government.

I wish to open a school for people in need for this. I would not insult them by saying it is for FREE because you are POOR. Rather it would be on deferred payment. I believe that if I would get them trained, they would be able to entertain people and make a good living out of that. There would not be any fee but whenever someone succeeds and feels that it was due to this training can come and give whatever he feels like. This institute would not be with an intension to earn any money because after commencement of this institute it would surely take years for any student to succeed or pay anything. They may teach their juniors or any monetary help they would like to do for making this training institute bigger and better.

No comments:

Post a Comment